MIT Stitch & Bitch

Thursday, May 11, 2006

roooooooseberry!

so i got the latest interweave in the mail last friday and was a little ho-hum about the issue, and i'm usually against summer knits and cottony things. somehow rubs me wrongly against the wholesome wooliness of yarn and knitting. however, i'm a humongous fan of twinkle design, despite the fact that most women can't wear superbulky knits without looking completely stuffed. however, i cannot resist textured knitted leaves. absolutely cannot. i love the cute simplicity and the huge button at the neck. not only a i changing gauge, but also making the motif asymmetrical on the front. i am also omitting the bobbles because i am seriously bobbled out.

my adaptation is with misti cotton + silk (incredibly soft! from windsor button) in a colour called terracotta. my swatch lied, just like the yarn harlot sez. i thought i had 16 sts 24 rows = 4", but with my 'real' swatch (i.e. the growing garment) looks like i have 18 sts 26 rows = 4". not too bad, since i believe the cotton will relax some after washing. anyway, i can slip it on, and it's good so far!



and wonky reverse stockinette short rows. hideous or tolerable?

4 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said…

    Hmmm...the left one doesn't bother me, but the one on the right does. However, wouldn't that be under your arm, i.e. not visible? If it's under your arm, I'd suggest leaving it. If it's visible, I'd redo.
    And - I LOVE this modification. The asymmetry is louverly. Kudos!

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger christine said…

    thanks! yea, i decided today while swimming (w00) that it wouldnt kill me to frog the rows. it will show on the side of my boob, so i guess that's visible enough. just one hour's worth of setback, not counting the endless time spent trying to get those stitches neat and back on the needles!

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know, when I saw that sweater, I just thought it didn't look very nice. But it must have been the bobbles - without the bobbles, it is perfect!

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    Love the color. And love it more without the bobbles. You must be all bobbled out anyway, lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home