Give a helping hand when you can ...
Subject: Pine Street Inn Knit-A-Thon November 4, 2007
This message is being forwarded to you on behalf of Farley Sullivan who is organizing the Pine Street Inn Knit-A-Thon taking place on November 4, 2007. Please direct all questions to Farley at firstname.lastname@example.org
---------- Forwarded message ----------
The weather outside is starting to cool off and if that doesn't make you want to start knitting maybe the upcoming Pine Street Inn Knit-A-Thon will! Time is going so quickly and the November 4th Knit-A-Thon is a little over a month away.
So please, don't be a square.... KNIT ONE!!!!!
- STEP 1: Ladies (and gentlemen) start your needles! Start knitting your 9 inch by 9 inch squares. They can be ANY COLOR, ANY MATERIAL, ANY GAUGE, ANY PATTERN... And, you can feel free to knit as many or as few as you are able!!!!
- STEP 2: Go forth and multiply! If you can knit one, you can knit two.... And so on, and so on. Each blanket will take 35 squares. Even if you can only knit a few - they will help complete a blanket.
- STEP 3: Please follow the easy, step by step instructions and make your very own webpage at www.firstgiving.com/pinestreeti
- STEP 4: Estimate how many squares you can knit by November 4th. I estimated that I will make 50 - which is a lot... In fact, I am knitting while I type this email... really!
- STEP 5: Ask your friends and family to support your knitting efforts by pledging on a per square basis on your webpage. For example: $1.00 per square x 50 squares = $50.00. Or they can make the dollar donation of their choice. The donations you collect on your secure First Giving webpage will go to the Pine Street Inn's Supportive Housing Program.
- STEP 6: Join us on Sunday, November 4th from 10:00am to 5:00pm at the Women's Inn at Pine Street, 363 Albany Street, Boston (you can drop in any time during these hours). Bring your knitted 9 x 9 inch squares on November 4th and together we will assemble them into blankets. Check out http://www.pinestreetinn.org
/knit-a-thon/. If you cannot make the event, please knit anyway... Your squares can be collected by a fellow knitter or shipped to the event.