MIT Stitch & Bitch

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Socks!


Socks!
Originally uploaded by mitstitchandbitch.

I finally finished my "IAP" toe up socks that I started in January. The yarn is Lion Brand Magic Stripes, color: Denim (I think). Katie gave me this yarn and another color of the same kind for my 30th birthday over a year ago. I think it's 75% wool, 25% nylon.

They fit pretty well, but are a little tight in the cuff. I knit them rather long so as not to have any leftover yarn but didn't think to increase as I went up the cuff. So, I can't pull them up all the way. I did that complicated bind off with the needle because it's a lot more stretchy than a traditional bind off.

As usual, I finished these warm woolen socks just in time for 90 degree July heat!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home