MIT Stitch & Bitch

Thursday, June 23, 2005

for cotton lovers!

online yarn store!
cotton clouds

here's an interesting interview with the shop-owner. an excerpt:

That's how I started Cotton Clouds; I wanted to weave with cotton yarns, but couldn't find any, so I did my own research and found the cotton yarn sources. I said "If I can't find cotton yarns, then everyone else can't either. I guess I'll just start a mail order cotton yarn business." And to this day, no one else has filled that niche like I have. Of course having a business education helps, which I didn't. So I've had to rely on others...Small Business Administration, accountants, etc... to help me there. But I came from a home where my father and mother started a window repair business from the back of a station wagon, and became the largest window repair business (in 10 years) in South Florida. So I saw how it happened and am always "thinking" business. "Perseverance brings good fortune". Keep at it!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    If only we could all find our niches...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home