MIT Stitch & Bitch

Monday, June 13, 2005

Store discovery

I'm probably the last person in the metro Boston area to discover The Fabric Place in Woburn. Wow, what a great resource! We were down the street from the Woburn Mall on Saturday choosing tile for our new bathroom (to be built this summer) so I stopped in to pick up some fiber fill for some teddy bears I'll be knitting this summer (for nephew, due any day now).

I guess I expected a regular old fabric store, but I was pleasantly surprised by all they had to offer -- including a decent inventory of yarn. And, not just Red Heart and Lion Brand, either!

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I showed constraint and did not browse the yarn. Y'see, I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more yarn until I used up a significant amount of my stash-in-a-hamper, which was mostly purchased at the second to last Wild & Woolly inventory sale. Also, I am on a pretty tight budget right now, due to aforementioned new bathroom construction, brand spanking new 20" iMac G5 and an upgrade to DSL, and, not to mention, saving for "the Bean."

Who am I kidding, though? The real reason I didn't spend time even looking at the yarn was because my husband was waiting in the car in the parking lot -- in 90 degree humidity!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    Goodness, your DH waited in the CAR? Serves him right if he had to wait a minute or two! Haha, I guess it was an insentive to stick by your budget tho. Can't wait to see the knitted teddy bear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home