MIT Stitch & Bitch

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Stacy's FO's and WIP's

Katie's recent post inspired me to list my own FO's and WIP's.

In the 3.5 years I've been seriously knitting, the following is a list of what I've managed to actually finish:

  • the initating garter stitch scarf and roll brim hat in Manos del Uruguay (for myself)

  • raglan sleeve cardigan in Manos with home-made Femo clay buttons (for myself)

  • ribbed scarf and scrap yarn hat in I don't remember what yarn, but it was a nice soft wool (for then bf, now husband)

  • a couple pairs of mittens (for myself and mother-in-law)

  • Baba's bed socks (for bf, now husband)

  • travelling leaf lace pattern scarf and hat (for myself)

  • "My First Cableknit Sweater" (for myself)

  • cute Rowan short raglan sleeve summer shirt (for myself, but guage was off so it was way too tight - gave to skinny friend)

  • basket weave silk and mohair afgan (wedding present for friend)

  • 2 Bouncing Baby Sets (one for Katie's daughter and one for high school friend's baby)

  • toddler bonnet (for coworker's daughter)

  • crocheted baby blanket (for college friend's baby)

  • another baby blanket (for my nephew due to be born this June)

  • 4+ Umbilical Chord hats and one set of Bev's booties (for other various babies)

  • extra long scarf and ear flap hat (for myself)


It feels like I am forgetting something... That may seem like a lot, but it's not for 3.5 years. See, I go through phases where I'll knit like a mad woman for weeks at a time, and then I'll get bored with it and won't pick anything up for another month or so.

Here's my (much shorter) list of WIP's:

  • husband sweater (started in August 2004, may finish by Xmas 2005?)

  • IAP socks (Cynthia's toe up lesson)

  • Kid Silk Haze lace scarf for Mom's birthday, which was April 17 (almost finished!)


Wow, I guess that's not too bad for UFO's. I must get to work!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    Making a list is something I've never thought of doing... but my memory isn't as good as it use to be.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger christine said…

    i think i would add one more category, such as PISWEBSBIF (projects i started with enthusiasm but stopped before i finished). i think my ratio of FO:WIP:PISWEBSBIF would be 1:1:9. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home