MIT Stitch & Bitch

Sunday, November 13, 2005

baby cardigan


baby cardigan
Originally uploaded by stacy's plate.
I finally finished the cardigan for my baby! I don't know how old he'll be when he fits into it, but at least it's lace and will breathe in case it's spring or summer. My luck it'll be August before he fits into it and he won't ever get to wear it!

Some specs:

Pattern - Best Baby Sweater by Elizabeth Zimmermann from the book Vogue Knitting American Collection

Yarn - Cleckheaton Country 8 ply color 2166 (golden yellow in my opinion)

There are a couple of flaws in the final product but I won't list them here.

Click on the image and you should see a detail of the lace pattern and the wood turtle buttons.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said…

    Oh -- it's SO cute. I love those buttons!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sweet! Babies grow fast ... my advise ... try it on him weekly. May even fit just fine the 1st time you put it on.

    Have fun at the MitS&B gathering today!!

    Rhonda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home