MIT Stitch & Bitch

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Finally something I'll be wearing is finished!

Okay, I finally did it ... knitted something for ME to wear. While I'm recooping at home, I am now giving this project it's finishing touches ... an Icord frog closure that I knitted. It's also sitting on my floor Blocking right now. I plan to wear it to Thanksgiving dinner next week and will have my DH take a picture of me wearing it before we go over to his sister's house for dinner. I'll post it here when it's taken....

Okay... so what is it? Comes from Creative Knitting Magazine November 2005 issue It's the red cape -- but it isn't red. I did mine in KnitPick's Decadence in Winter Berry. It's superfine alpaca and just the most lovely yarn against the skin -- light yet warm. I'm wearing it with black ... just haven't decided exactly what that'll be yet.

I did learn something new for my knitting skills ... called "three needle bind-off." Here's a visual site to see how it's done, in case you're a "visual kind" of learner and have never done this before like myself. Worked great!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Nadira said…

    Yay, Rhonda! I can't wait to see it. Feel better soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home