MIT Stitch & Bitch

Friday, March 10, 2006

odessa^2

ahem. it's the odessas!

sometime in the last two weekends, between the oscars and whatnot, i managed to whip these cuties up. i think each just took a couple hours on a comfy evening. blame it on the aran weight yarn, heh heh. :) without further ado...




so i made my roommate's first (the cream), and then mine. they're pretty much identical except for color.

yarn: laines du nord korall (from my sp7!)
needles: 9 (ribbing) / 10.5
beads: i tried to string some size 6/0 beads (the largest that beadworks carries), but on the aran weight yarn it was like trying to put a camel through the eye of the needle. anyway, camels are fuzzier.
amendments: i cast on 70 stitches; the rest is the same. i found that if i started decreasing at 5.5" (like in the pattern) it stlil worked out fine for my big head. plus i got some mileage from blocking, so all is superwell.
verdict: so cute and so satisfying! plus the yarn is very soft and s p r o i n g y.




see? even totoro approves.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    The hats are cute ... on both of you. Didn't I see that pattern somewhere? Knitty.com right? Nice to be knitting ... in fact I want to go home right now and KNIT! Sorry Paula, I had a moment. Happy knitting!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger christine said…

    the pattern is on magknits. the 'other' knitty. :)

    love your new woman-of-mystery photo!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Very nice, I like both colors! I'm inspired to knit one for my niece!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Nadira said…

    Kee-yoot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home