MIT Stitch & Bitch

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Dutch Yarn Stash and more Socks!


Finally finished & took a picture of my first pair of socks with yarn that I bought while visiting the Netherlands in July. Of course I had to include the rest of my new found treasure...



The four on the right are Dutch made sock yarn and the rest [other than the small yellow yarn ball I got to make a scarf with] is Italian Meilenweit Cotton sock yarn. That's what I used first to make the socks I am wearing. [45% cotton, 42% virgin wool, 13% polyamid] -- machine washable. Great for Summer!

I did have to make adjustments for the stretchiness of the yarn, but it was nice to work with and I love the feel when I wear them.

I'm wearing them to the group meeting today

.... Sock makers take over the world!!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    What a great picture -- it really reaveals your new sock addiction!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said…

    That's it, you've been infected with Cindy's disease.
    I can't wait to see these all knitted up. Wwweee...

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    Uh oh ... another one succumbs :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home