MIT Stitch & Bitch

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Yarnman Cometh

I got my Knitpicks order this morning. I have all my packages shipped to work, since if htey get shipped home, they might sit in my apartment lobby for a while before I get home. I left work at 6pm last night, and arrived back at 9am this morning. sometime in between, the postman brought me yarn!

Here is the selection of skeins I ordered for all of us to "sample".
DSCN0475-2

From the left to right, that's
  • Sock Garden (100% merino wool; 7-8 st/in)
  • Elegance (70% baby alpaca, 30% silk; 5.5 st/in)
  • Shine (60%cotton/40% modal; 6 st/in)
  • Andean Silk (55% superfine alpaca, 23% silk, 22% merino wool; 4.5-5 st/in)
  • Alpaca Cloud (100% baby alpaca; laceweight)
  • And, in back is the Wool of the Andes (100% wool; 5 st/in; I got the "color your own" version, same gauge, etc. as the pre-dyed).
  • Not pictured is the Merino Style (100% merino wool; 5.5 st/in).


I will bring all of these, and (if I remember!) a ball winder on Thursday so we can all get samples of what we want to try.

I also got my Shine for my friends' baby blanket -- I'll post a photo of it on my blog for you to see!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Nadira said…

    Thanks, Danielle. It was really nice of you to share. I'll bring you some $$$ next week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home