MIT Stitch & Bitch

Monday, October 03, 2005

Boston Knitout & Crochet 2005, a success !!

This Sunday I attended the fun "Boston Knitout & Crochet 2005" event.
When I got home I had added to my stash and pattern library with the samples given out by the various vendors at the event and I had even won one of the many door prizes [the balls of Whimsey on the right]. What fun I had!



The day started out with the scarf I made for the contest [I didn't win, but it's going to charity and that's what counts in my book]. I also knitted 4 squares to go to the afghans for charity. At the train station I run across a knitter heading for the same event. We rode into Boston together talking about knitted socks of course while we each worked on a sock project. After checking in, I made the rounds while looking for anyone from our group. FemiKnit Mafia found me first. Then, The Dilettante Debutante bumped into us before the serious "speed knitters & crocheters did their stuff. Someone [Crystal] very easily talked me into joining the speed crocheters... Alas, I was 5 stitches short of being in 1st place. :( .... Note the speed-demon crocheter in this picture.

It was nice see Jessica & Cynthia there also. And Christine supervised the "speed" contest. It was not only a beautiful weather day, but I enjoyed being with people as nice as the knitters & crocheters I know & hang out with now. Here are only a few of the pictures taken during the afternoon. Wish you all could have been there with us. How about next year?!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home