MIT Stitch & Bitch

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Bubby


Bubby
Originally uploaded by mitstitchandbitch.

Here is my Bubby from the Fall '05 Knitty.

It was knit using Plymouth Encore (which is a nice acrylic) in a neutral spring green color, with some Dover washable wool for the crochet chain bow and some of the black yarn that Claudia generously donated to me for my other bear project.

The Bubby pattern was a little flaky. The author did post corrections to her blog though. I'm not totally pleased with the outcome. I sewed the arms on a little lopsided and the seams are pretty sloppy. I tried grafting the feet closed (first time grafting) and one came out really bad -- I must have done something wrong. The other came out less sloppy, but still not great. One of the legs is a little shorter than the other, I think because my gauge was tighter. I also learned how to do M1 increases while knitting this pattern.

This is meant to be a gift for yet another pregnant friend of mine. Even though I'm not 100% pleased with it, I still think it's pretty cute. I've determined that you can embroider a face on anything and make it cute. Since Bubby isn't a large bear and since he's not perfect, he will accompany a Target gift card to the baby shower.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    Oh he's TOO cute! I have my new grandchild to visit this coming Saturday. Do I have enough time to knit this little bear also? [if I start him tonight?]

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Bubby is a very quick project. He's only about 7 inches tall. He lasted about a week for me, but in reality, I could have done the whole thing in a few hours if I didn't get frustrated or bored with him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home