MIT Stitch & Bitch

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tivoli!

I got stuck in a meeting until 12:30, and missed today's meeting. And after staying up after midnight to block Tivoli!

Here she is:

She's a little loose, particularly in the back:



I'll probably do my next one at least two inches smaller, but I do like it as it is. The looser fit is ladylike, and the extra drape in the back is kind of pretty. I've got an idea for a lace-embellished variant for myself, and just started one for my mom yesterday.

If I may show off: when I resized the pattern, I made the underarms too wide, showing my bra edge and framing that underarm flab... I fixed it, not by frogging, but by grafting! I took a yarn needle and stitched up four stitches on either side of both armholes, narrowing it nicely. Invisible, if I do say so myself:


Jessica
http://jessdr.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A real enlightening blog. Don't stop now. This may be of interest to you; how to buy & sell everything, like michigan real estate on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said…

    Ohhh ... it looks great. I agree with your assessment of the back drape. It is ladylike and luckily you have the shoulders to pull it off. Kudos!

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    That looks great Jessica. And the grafting is quite impressive! :-)

    Kathy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home