MIT Stitch & Bitch

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Knitting frenzy ...





I'm back to work after a short leave ... one filled with knitting & crocheting Christmas gifts. But I did complete something for myself. Here it is ... the cape with me wearing it on Thanksgiving Day.

The yarn I used is Winter Berry Decadence from KnitPicks. The softest and warmest yarn I've every used. I absolutely love it!



Then there are the Christmas gifts ... knitted Bath Rug, Airwick Cover, Christmas Stocking, DooDad Holder, and of course ...



the Dolls for my grand daughters. Now I MUST say, those dolls were a "big hit". I had to find the girls in the back bedroom inorder to get this picture. Their excitement was just sooooo SWEET!
Now I'm planning to make a sweater. A sweater for me! I've done the practicing by making up my sweater sample from The Sweater Workshop

Here's the front..................and the back..........


Now if that isn't enough ... here are the flower washcloths I made this summer with the last of the dolls I made. They're officially called "Reverse-Bloom Flower Washcloths" and are from the Weekend Knitting book edited by Melanie Falick. The pattern also can be found in the Winter 2003 Interweave Knits. The washcloths are knit up using one skein of Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille on #6 (4mm) needles.


And now I'm knitting myself a bath rug from The Knitted Rug : 21 Fantastic Designs by Donna Druchunas. Using up left over yarn, you know. In fact, I'm using up all that ucky acrylic (well it has it's uses) yarn.

Happy knitting girls. I'll see you this Thursday.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Nadira said…

    Hi Rhonda. Your cape looks great! I just LOVE decadence. Let me know what you think of The Sweater Workshop. I almost bought it the other day, but spent the money (and then some) on yarn instead.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    You continually amaze me w/ what you can produce!!! It's about time you did more knitting for yourself!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    As a matter of fact, I just received some yarn from KnitPicks yesterday for my first knit sweater. It's the first sweater project in The Sweater Workshop book (after the sampler).
    And it's going to be for ME!!

    Even if it comes out "not the greatest", I can wear it around the house, hehe. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Man, for someone out of work, you got a lot done! That cape is lovely, great color on you! And the other items are terrific.

    Welcome back,
    Kathy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home